Ocean Terminal Hong Kong

Search

Ocean Terminal Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ocean Terminal Hong Kong

Please advise whether there is any luggage locker at Hong Kong Ocean Terminal for us to store luggage for a day. we are arriving by cruise ship in the morning while our flight out-off Hong Kong is in the evening
Thanks
Old Dec 10th, 2006, 09:53 PM

What airline are you using? For most, you can check-in early at the Airport Express In-Town Check-In counter the Hong Kong or Kowloon station. The Kowloon station is a short taxi ride from the Ocean Terminal, or you can even take a free shuttle from outside the Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel.

Links to both services are here:

http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/ae_compli_e.htm

I am not aware of any luggage storage service at the Ocean Terminal. Another alternative is to ask if Marco Polo HK Hotel will store them for you. It is attached to the Ocean Terminal.
Old Dec 10th, 2006, 10:41 PM

There are no lockers that I am aware of in Ocean Terminal, it is part of a shopping centre called Harbour City . The website for Ocean Terminal is http://www.oceanterminal.com.hk/ and for the shopping centre is http://www.harbourcity.com.hk/.

I agree with the above suggestion that you take the Star Ferry directly over to the Airport Express train station terminal on Hong Kong Island (its called Hong Kong Station) and try to check in for your flight using the In Town Check-In Service. This also allows you to check-in your luggage as well. If you are flying Continental you can’t avail yourself of this service, but most every other airline allows this, go to go to http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/ae_compli_e.htm#itci for info. You could also buy your ticket for the Airport Express train out to the airport so you don’t have to do that in the evening. Checking-in for your flight early will save you a LOT of time at the airport in the evening.

If you can’t check-in and/or for or hand luggage, there is a Left Luggage counter in Hong Kong Station, ask at the information desk for its location. There is also one in the Kowloon Station.

If you have a lot of luggage, then from the pier take a taxi to the Kowloon Airport Express Station in Kowloon and check in there as that is easier than taking the ferry with luggage. After that, just take the Airport Express train right on into the Hong Kong Station (one stop). If you don’t have a lot of luggage, I would just walk to the Star Ferry and take it over, as you will want to take the ferry anyway as part of your day in Hong Kong, its fun and a great view. From the ferry, its about 150-200 yard walk to the Airport Express Station, it is part of the huge complex of buildings to your right as you leave the ferry building, follow signs or ask someone.

For info on the Airport Express trains and a link to the In-Town Check-In Service, go to
http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/a...airportex.html

I agree that you might also try taking bags over to either the Marco Polo hotel or the Kowloon hotels and seeing if the concierge/bell captain there will take them for the day for a small fee. These are the closest hotels to the Ocean Terminal. The Marco Polo is actually part of Ocean Terminal and can be reached by walking through the mall, follow signs after you come out of the ship into the shopping area.
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 06:45 AM

Can one take the AE from Kowloon to Hong Kong? I have never done that... I thought one would be taking the Tung Chung MTR line between those two stations if you're not coming from the airport. Just wondering...
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 04:53 PM

Yes you can take the AE from any station to any other station on the line. You just pay less than the full fare from the Airport. The fare from Kowloon Station to Hong Kong Station is HK$9, without an Octupus card. Journey time is 3 minutes. IMO it's easier than going over to the MTR as you will be at the check-in counters for the airlines and can then just go through the gates to the trains (may have to go down to another platform to get the Hong Kong-bound trains).
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the informations