Search

Cheap, Clean, Central hotels in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap, Clean, Central hotels in Bangkok

Hi,
I will be in Bangkok for 5 days or so, does anyone know of a CCC place to stay?, and if so, name and directions please.
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 09:53 PM

I just came back from BKK, I stayed @ the Royal President. It's very close to the BTS between Nana & Asoke, closer to the later. I stayed for 6 nights in BKK and paid $365 They're staff is very helpful and courteous, the restaurant has excellent food. The rooms were clean. Make sure you request for the Garden Wing suites. The Court Suites is around the corner about 1 min. walk. You can email Judy she's the Guest Relations Manager @ [email protected] or go to there site www.royalpresident.com or you can go to a travel agent online, they might have cheaper rates for the same hotel? I went through Siam Travel or something sounding like that...Good luck
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 12:54 AM

$US60 a night is cheap???

I stay in places where 6 nights costs $120 and which meet your three criteria - e.g. the Malaysia Hotel where singles are $20.

Have look at the site:

<http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reser...angkok.htm>

It is central, being just off Rama IV Road.

Harzer

Old Sep 9th, 2004, 06:59 AM

I just came back from Bangkok a few days ago. One of the hotels I tried out was the Chateau de Bangkok by Sofitel( an Accor hotel).The hotel is part hotel and serviced apartments and was VERY nice.A 200 meter walk to the Ploenchit Sky Train station and a fifteen minute walk to the popular Thai restaurant Baan Kranitka(sp?) which is on the same street. I paid 1400 Baht ...41 baht to a US dollar for a Jr. Suite! I had a kitchenette with a big fridge and freezer and sink and counter space plus lots of cabinets. There was a little living room attached to the bedroom area and a nice-sized bathroom. They have washers and dryers for use in a laundry room and there are restaurants on the premises and a pool on the roof. It only cost 200 baht between the airport and the hotel...during no traffic...late night ...early morning...The Plaza Athenee hotel is on the same street.Happy Travels!
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 07:07 AM

the royal president is considred a upper teir apartment.. not an exucutive apartment but a nice place.

a cheeper place that fairly well situated is starry place

http://www.starryplace.com/index1.html

it goes for 4.500 a week. small verry clean clean rooms. I staryed ther for a month... fills up quickly, popular with english teachers.

you have many options in the sub 30$ range.