Bangkok Hotel Advise

Mar 28th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

Bangkok Hotel Advise

Hello Fellow Travelers.........
I have a daughter who will be in Bangkok at the end of April for five nights. She is traveling alone and I am trying to assist her in finding a place to stay in Bangkok. What we are looking for is a place that is centrally located, near the Sky train/subway and preferably has a pool. We are looking at spending around $40.-$60. a night.
Can anyone suggest an area we should be looking in and hopefully give us the name of a place to stay that will fit the bill.
Thank you all in advance for your replies.
Mar 28th, 2006, 06:52 AM

There are lots of options for your daughter. Let me recommend a hotel booking site in Thailand, www.sawasdee.com Note that taxes (7%) service (10%) and usually breakfast is included in the rate.

One place that comes to mind that many people recommend is the Pathawan Princess. It's right by a Skytrain stop, very convenient, and does have a pool.
Mar 28th, 2006, 06:57 AM

Chateau de Bangkok by Sofitel...an Accor hotel. It's 300 meters from the Ploenchit skytrain station, right off of Sukhumvit. The Ploenchit skytrain station is also the one nearest the famous Bumrungrad hospital.It's on the opposite side of the skytrain tracks from where the hotel is. I have stayed at the Chateau de Bangkok. It's a combination of a hotel and a serviced apartment building and has a laundry room, pool, restauarants etc... Go on the Accor website. I paid 1800 Baht in Aug 2004 for a Jr.Suite with kitchenette.It was spotlessly clean. Happy Travels!
Mar 28th, 2006, 07:11 AM

The Asia hotel may fit your requirements, right by a skytrain station and one stop away from the shopping malls at Siam Square, has 2 pools and in your price range of $40 for a superior room but breakfast is an additional $7 each (280 baht). It is an older 3 star hotel but the rooms are clean and the staff friendly.
Mar 28th, 2006, 07:52 AM

I usually stay at the century park bangkok. The breakfast is really good. So are the chicken sautee's by the pool.
It's a few min walk to the victory monument (sky train station) and the walk is so fun. At the monument there is neat local culture. Last time I was there kids were having a talent competition in the square and i saw some locals singing britney spears it was hilarious. I second www.sawadee.com. It's a stress free booking system and it really gives you piece of mind. All the rates on there are the lowest i've found in my travels and since not all sites are reputable the sawadee is very trustworthy.
Mar 28th, 2006, 09:22 AM

another alternative and directly next to taskim skytrain stop is the centre point silom serviced apartment....it is very nice....prices would be at the top of your money listed, but it includes breakfast and service and tax if you book on a discount site...

i know you can find it on

www.huahin.20m.com

this is the same site kathie has suggested above