Lounges in Newark and Geneva

Mar 6th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

Lounges in Newark and Geneva

The only lounges I have been in recently are Continental and KLM. Neither of us likes to sit and drink at a bar, so all we really look for are a quiet comfortable place with wifi and places to recharge, and perhaps an interesting snack.

I've blundered into some Continental business class tickets which will leave us at Newark all afternoon, and at Geneva (at breakfast time). Apparently we have access to multiple Continental lounges, and Delta and Northwest lounges at Newark, and at Air France or Swiss in Geneva.

Can someone with experience give suggestions on which of these lounges might be preferable, and why.
Mar 6th, 2009, 05:29 PM

Actually, flying Continental in BF only give you access to the two CO clubs at EWR Terminal C. You can't get to the other lounges.

As for the two CO ones, the one near Gate 120 is newer and more spacious. Also have larger windows to look out to the planes. But the older one upstairs near Gate 74 can be more quiet, at least in late afternoon.
Mar 7th, 2009, 01:17 PM

The Swiss lounge in GVA is reasonably nice, but nothing extraordinary: the usual drinks and light snacks. In the morning, it gets reasonably crowded. The lounge is landside (that is, before you pass through security), and on the Swiss side of the airport.
Mar 7th, 2009, 03:58 PM

Try searching flyertalk for some information and, of course, more opinions.

Also google the words "airport" lounges and say location and airline.
Mar 8th, 2009, 12:22 AM

The EWR lounges are nice enough. You will get wifi and can probably find an outlet if you look around. But don't expect anything interesting to eat - this ain't the Virgin clubhouse. For the most part, I find US airline lounges to be little more than a glorified waiting area with a bar - better than most terminals, but nothing too exciting.

The Swiss lounges tend to have a bit more food but I wouldn't count on making a meal out of it. Not sure, though, if they will offer wifi. You can also access the Air France lounge in Geneva, and while I haven't seen wifi in any Air France lounges, they always seem to have a couple of imacs hooked up to the internet. Can't comment specifically, though, about the Geneva lounges, but the above is my experience with both brands elsewhere.