Search

Geneva Airport Inn? B&B?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geneva Airport Inn? B&B?

Greetings to all,
We are planning a Swiss road trip, 11-12 days roaming the countryside (we will have a rental car) flying in and out of Geneva. We need a nice place to stay for our last two nights that is very close to the Airport for ease of last minute drop off. On the day before we fly out we will be touring Cern, which is just a bit west of Cointrin. It would be great if someone knows of an Inn or B&B... We yearn for a more charming option than the Holiday Inn Express at the Airport! Thanks so much for any suggestions.
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 11:30 AM

We have found Geneva a little tricky to find places at the airport.....however, the airport is practically IN the city,,,only 10 minutes by train. Staying in the city would be a good option. Last year we stayed close to the airport in a hotel,(but made the wrong choice....there aren't too many and they are spread out) . All have shuttles for the departure morning however. ....thus allowing you to turn in the car the evening before.
I see you will be out in the countryside the day before.
I too would be interested if someone knows of a "charming" place fairly close to the airport.........
Having said that: We often CHOOSE a nice modern chain hotel the night before flying out from overseas,, comfortable for repacking suitcases , good beds and reading lamps...often larger rooms.
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

We think alike Mari5... and often resign ourselves to the modern chain for the last night for just the reasons you mention... but oh how I loath their sterility. Since we will be there 2 nights instead of the usual 1 it would be so much better to find something different.
The nice folks over at T.A. came up with a pretty B&B called La Coudre in Seligny. It looks good, albeit a bit pricey.
If you want to check it out: http://www.bnb-lacoudre.ch/

Would you mind sharing what "mistake" you made so I can avoid it?
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 03:06 AM

You might find something more to your liking in Ferney-Voltaire. It's across the border in France, but actually closer to the Geneva airport than downtown Geneva.
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Spaarne,
Great idea. Much better prices. Is there any border-crossing or airport access "downside" to lodging on the French side with Swiss plates on the car?
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 01:56 PM

I think that Switzerland is now a Schengen country so I would be surprised if there is a border post any more. I used to drive through every week, waved the blue book at the guard, and he waved me in.