Airlines flying Paris to Prague

Old May 18th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airlines flying Paris to Prague

We are in Paris in September and will be flying to Prague for 5 nights and then returning to Paris. We are thinking of flying Air France or Czech Airline (they both seem to cost about the same) but wondering if there are any other airlines that fly direct. Also does anyone know if Air France ever has seat sales.
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:53 PM

Wizz Air flies from Paris Beauvais to Prague: wizzair.com/, and
Air Europa and Sky Europe both fly from Paris Orly to Prague: www.aireuropa.com/ and www.skyeurope.com/ (respectively). These are all discount carriers, I believe, so you might find better prices on these airlines versus Air France or Czech Airlines.
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:57 PM

Hi decee,

SkyEurope also flies the route, but they are technically bankrupt and had almost no cash on hand per March 31st 2009 according to their Q1 results, so I would definitely book on Air France or CSA.

Given that AF and CSA are alliance partneres, codeshare on the route and their only competition will probably go bust in the very near future, I wouldn't hold my breath for a fare sale...

Hope this helps,
Andre
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:04 PM

Interestingly enough, JL (Japan Airlines) also has a direct flight (for big bucks).
I find ITA software:
http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch
a very good source of flight info & pricing.
Enjoy Paris & Prague - 2 of my favorite cities!
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:09 PM

The JL flight you are seeing is a code share on AF.
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:09 PM

Re: Wizzair - they only fly the route 3-4 times a week, and Beauvais airport requires you to catch a bus from Paris 3 hours before departure... But they will most probably be cheaper than AF/CSA.

Air Europa is actually a (Spanish) alliance partner of Air France and Czech Airways, so they codeshare on the same flights - I doubt that they will offer any better fares than AF/CSA on the route.

Hope this helps,
Andre
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the information everyone. I shall check these suggestions out. I am fairly new to the foreign travel scene so don't know all the ins and outs yet.
This forum has given me all sorts of good ideas which I really appreciate. We've been planning this trip (at least I have--hubby isn't much help)since last October. It's amazing how much I've learned since I started reading the reports and other information that people have submitted.
Denise