British Airways Seat Map?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are booked on BA from LGW to VCE on an Airbus A319 jet - Club Europe. seatguru does not have this plane listed. Anyone know where I can find a seat map so I can choose what I want? Could not find one on ba.com either.

Thanks
Old May 23rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
P_M

There was a thread a few months ago where I learned it's a lot harder to select a seat in advance on BA. You might have to call BA, which always means a very long hold. Good luck.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks P_M. I failed to mention that I have been assigned our seats. However, I have no idea whether the Club Europe section is 2+2 or 2+2+2 or whatever. We would like the center row of seats, if available. Not a big deal, just one of those little things that makes one happy when going thru the tortures of flying now-a-days!

If no one here knows where I can get the info, I will bite the bullet & call BA. I just figure that Fodorites are the best 1st source!!!
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
P_M

I don't blame you, I'd rather have a root canal than try to get a live person on BA's phone.

I googled A319 seat map and I found a map of an A319 on another airline. It's hard to imagine the configuration would be different from one A319 to another as it's such a narrow plane. Check this out:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/US_...irbus_A319.php
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:26 PM

Club Europe on BA's narrowbodies, which include the A319, should be 2-3. AC-DEF.

If it's like the 737-400 I was on, then there's a wide armrest between A and C; but standard ones among D, E and F.

I'd get A and C if there are two of you flying.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:29 PM

Remember on many of these planes, the number of Club Europe seats can be adjusted depending on load. Then just move the partition, and then lift up Seat B to get the AC pair with the big armrest.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:29 PM

It's 3-3 with the middle seat blocked. It's a basic econ seat. Little more pitch but that's about it.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:34 PM

Correction, rkkwan is correct. It's AC on the left side and 3 seats on the right side with the middle blocked.
Old May 24th, 2008, 12:21 PM

I was under the impression that the middle seat is not blocked on the DEF side.
Old May 24th, 2008, 12:34 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
<i>I was under the impression that the middle seat is not blocked on the DEF side.</i>

Correct, but they're filled last.
Old May 24th, 2008, 12:40 PM

<i>but they're filled last</i>

Yup, that's what I thought. I've never understood the 2-3 config.
Old May 24th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Cassandra

Understand you already have your seat assignment, but thought I'd mentioned this anyway.

BA once told us they would NOT provide seat information (except in Bus/First) before check-in for security reasons.

Because there was a health issue, the best they would do is suggest that we write a letter, well in advance, explaining what the need was.

When we checked in, we discovered
they had accommodated the one with the special need but separated us and put the other way in back in a middle seat.

Pleasant. Very pleasant.

Old May 24th, 2008, 06:04 PM

Back to a point made in by the OP: SeatGuru doesn't have the plane because they only list planes that fly to/in the US. I believe they are developing maps for Europe planes (FINALLY!!).
Old May 25th, 2008, 07:38 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
You can see seatmaps of BA's 737s and A320s here - http://www.britishairways.com/travel...r/public/en_us. The A319 is basically a slightly smaller version of the A320.

The seatmap for the LGW-VCE A319 visible on ExpertFlyer (a pay service) shows it set up 2-3 in Club (3 rows) and 3-3 in coach (19 rows). However, since most LGW flights currently use 737s, the A319 on your flight <i>might</i> be a plane normally used on UK domestic flights, in which case the setup will be 3-3 with coach seat pitch throughout the whole cabin, and the &quot;B&quot; seat just blocked in the Club section.

In which case the A320 map here - http://www.britishairways.com/travel...l/public/en_us - would be similar, but with fewer rows and the B seats blocked for the first 3 rows.

Not sure what's going on with BA equipment assignments at LGW later this year - they seem to be scrambling things up.
Old May 25th, 2008, 04:27 PM

If you're on Club Europe, you should be able to check/change your seats on their website even if you are not an Executive Club silver/gold member. Though you might want to take note that if you check in online, you won't be able to change seats at the airport.

It's usually 2-3 config, I highly doubt they actually sell Es (the one in the middle on the right side)--it's blocked with thick-padded armrest between Ds and Fs.

One some flights (mostly to more business oriented destinations like Zurich or D'dorf),Club Eurpe seats stretch to more than half of airplane. But I don't think this would be the case in LGW-VCE.
Old May 25th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

My oh my! Sounds like a 1st class rip off, doesn't it! But I've already paid for it; no way out now! When I booked coach online, a screen came on that offered me what I thought was a good deal on upgrade to Club Europe. Looks like it wasn't such a good deal no matter what it cost!

Anyway, solved the issue of whether E is blocked - nope, we have row 2, seats D, E, &amp; F (we are 3 adults). Obviously, this far in advance assigning an E seat means they plan on selling all the E's.

Does anyone know if the leg room is better than coach? And is there a foot rest? More room between rows? Anything!

Well, I guess there is always the lounge bennie &amp; the security line fast track - or is there a catch to that too?

Glad for the online checkin info; won't do that.

I will go to the BA site &amp; see if I can change the seats to A, B, &amp; B. But not tonite; too late to mess with. If that doesn't work, I'll call BA.

Thanks everyone, Julie
Old May 26th, 2008, 03:22 AM

I'm curious, how is it that you got seat assignments in advance??
Old May 26th, 2008, 05:02 AM

Business class can pick seats and anybody with OneWorld Emerald or Saphire status can as well, regardless of the class of service.
Old May 26th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

Well....I went back to the BA website, clicked Manage My Booking, selected Seat Change &amp; got the seat map. It is 2 seats + 3 seats. We have the 3 seat side D, E, F. The map shows the same amount of space between all seats, even the 3 seats config. Of course, that may not be as some of you have indicated. Plus, even if the space is the same for all seats, that can still mean the middle seat person gets squished!

I did the seat change to row 2, seats A &amp; C &amp; row 2, seat D (aisle). It allowed me to do that.

But when I clicked to accept the change, it reverted back to previous assigned seats &amp; got message cannot change seats at this time.

So, called BA. Recording said cannot make changes with them unless booked with them (in other words, did not book online). Stayed on hold anyway for about 5 minutes. Heard, Welcome to British Airways, this is....&amp; got disconnected. I used to manage a call center; probably means the rep wanted to decrease their call time stat &amp; felt safe they were not being monitored at the time!

Soooooo, I will stay with the current seats &amp; not concern myself with it all! At least we have security fast track &amp; the lounge!

Thanks everyone for your help.

Happy travels, Julie
Old May 26th, 2008, 06:40 AM

I had some minor issues after I tried to change seats on ba.com for some of our segments.

I could not check in on line for the segments that I tried to change seats on, and found out at the airport that we don't have any assigned seats.

Everything worked out at the end and actually we were able to get the AC side bulkhead seats, but ba.com has some sort of a glitch when you try to change seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -