Search

Ulusaba since renovated?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ulusaba since renovated?

Has anyone been to Ulusaba since they completed renovations?
What are the differences between these rooms?
ROCK ROOM
SAFARI ROOM
RIVER ROOM

Which rooms in particular do we want to request? Also, which rooms at Singita Boulders have the best view? Anyone been to Sweni yet?
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 11:58 AM

Buffyp73

I have not been to Ulusaba after all the renovations but I know this lodge well after four previous visits.

Two lodges here as you know

1)ROCK LODGE

They have three room types here:
a)Rock cliff rooms(3)
Fantastic rooms with a beatiful view of the southern SSGR,copper bathtubs,outdoor wooden decks.My favorite rock cliff room is surely the Swazi Room!

b)Master Suite-Best view in the whole of the SSGR,in room mini bar.Facing east.

c)The 2 new Makwela suites(They have replaced the four Rock Rooms)R15 500/night for these suites,the most luxurious suites at Ulusaba with private plunge pools etc.

They have also renovated the main building at Rock Lodge.

2)SAFARI LODGE:

a)Safari Rooms-The most basic room here,close to the main building overlooking the dry riverbed.I have not seen the interior of this room so can't comment on the specifics.

b)Elephant Rooms(3)
The rooms are built 'tree house' style and only accessible via wooden swing bridges.

c)The River Rooms-most luxurious,also only accessible via wooden swing bridges,bigger bathrooms than elephant rooms,more isolated,bigger wooden decks but no plunge pools.

So which rooms to request at Ulusaba:

1)Safari Lodge-River 4,also known by the staff as the ''honeymoon room''because of it's isolated spot in the dry riverbed.

2)Rock Lodge-If money isn't a problem you must surely try the newly constructed Makwela suites,but you won't be disappointed in the Rock Cliff Rooms and believe me the Master Suite will take your breath away!!

SINGITA BOULDERS

Rooms 8 and 9 overlook a waterhole where 1-7 have river views.I stayed in room number one and had an exceptional view of the Sand River!

Will be visiting Sweni in December so I will be interested in your feedback!
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 03:04 PM

Safarinut, everyone seems to be picking your brain today. As to Singita Boulders would it be best to overlook the waterhole or the Sand River for animal viewing? Thank you.
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 06:25 PM

newyorkgolfer41

That's ok I am still on vacation this week although I leave again tomorrow for an amateur golf tournament!

I personally think the Sand River views are better ie rooms 1-7 and you have more wildlife around the river.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 09:49 AM

Wow, safarinut, this is great specific information. Are you by any chance Richard Branson's secret girlfriend? (Just Kidding)
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Safarinut - thanks so much for the precise information. Just heard from my travel agent that Singita Boulders is already booked through Nov, so I may need to do the entire time at Ulusaba. Your info was incredibly helpful - thanks.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 04:11 PM

Safarinut, or anyone familiar with Ulusaba....
I have looked through the brochure but having a difficult time figuring out how far apart things are from the photos. For example, it looks like the wooden bridge is quite a walk to get to what I'm assuming is the dining room (?). Is there quite a bit of walking required to get around? Which requires less walking the Rock Lodge or the Safari Lodge? Is the walking up hill or level? Thanks.