Mesa Verde: Far View Lodge room types

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. I'm planning a fall trip (late Sept.) to CO, and will be staying at the Far View Lodge a night or 2.

All room types are available, but I would appreciate knowing if anyone has stayed in the Kiva or Deluxe rooms; and if so, what are differences (other than bed size, etc. as shown on website). Price difference is only marginal, but are the views better, size of room, etc.

Thanks, as always, for your insight.
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

I'll try topping this. So many of you have been to the Far View Lodge. Hopefully you'll see this and help out. Thanks!
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 10:26 PM

I don't know what the Kiva rooms are like, but we were supposedly booked into a Deluxe room on our stay there last summer. We are not terribly picky about rooms but I would classify the room we were in as "basic" and certainly not deluxe. It was clean and adequate but older and quite small for our family of 4. I wondered at the time if we were placed in the wrong category of room but did not inquire. We did, however, really enjoy our stay in the park and found the Far View Lodge restaurant to be wonderful.
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 04:55 AM

Hope you don't mind my chiming in here. If I recall correctly, we stayed in a "regular" room, whatever those might be called. We were there in '99. We also had a family of four (kids probably 13 and 9 at the time). The room was very basic but I don't remember it being cramped. I would highly recommend staying there. It was so quiet and peaceful. And, as Kathryn T said, the restaurant was wonderful.
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 08:25 AM

Like the others, we were there several years ago and the room was basic, although perfectly comfortable. Don't think they had "kiva" rooms then. Also agree that the restaurant was great.