Search

Cheeca Lodge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheeca Lodge

I need help deciding on my room at Cheeca Lodge. I would have stayed somewhere quieter like Casa Morada or The Moorings but they are both booked for a wedding on the dates I am going, so I am staying at Cheeca. I am starting to worry I have made a terrible mistake!

It sounds like the bungalows are quieter, but I don't know if they are all renovated? It sounds like there is a great difference between the renovated and unrenovated rooms.

I currently have booked a Deluxe Ocean Front King Room. Are all of those renovated? But they are all in the main building overlooking the pool which is noisy and the bar too?

Our goal is renovated room, ocean view and quiet (just us two adults). I appreciate your help in figuring out which room I should request. (And also, if I request it is it guaranteed or am I still taking my chances getting stuck with an old room?

Let me know if you have other suggestions too although I want to stay on Islamorada for the various day trips I want to do since it is in the middle of the Keys.

Thanks in advance for all your help and suggestions!

JoniC
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:32 PM
mrt

I went there a few years back and was very disappointed. It needed major upgrades. You need to check when they last renovated.
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:44 PM

I stayed at Cheeca last February in a Deluxe Ocean Front King Room. It was very, very nice. It must have been recently updated. Our room overlooked the beach and ocean - NOT the pool and bar.
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 05:13 AM

Casa Morada is lovely, but small rooms. Moorings, quiet. You won't be sorry at Cheeca, all rooms are now finished and this resort has more activities than the others.
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 05:56 AM
GoTravel

Love The Cheeca Lodge.

Before you accept your room, have a bellman walk to the room with you and inspect it. If you don't like it, just go back to the front desk and ask for another.

Call reservations before hand and let them know you have reservations about the quality of their rooms.

Arrive early in the day.