Rimrock Rooms?

Old Nov 5th, 2003, 06:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rimrock Rooms?

Hoping someone who has stayed here can give me their opinion: when I look at the website/virtual tour for the rooms, they strike me as a little stark/austere in some way. I am envisioning something luxurious and cozy; a place to curl up and relax and for some reason the rooms dont seem to invite that. I have read a ton of reviews for the hotel, both here and other sites and everyone raves about the hotel but I am wondering if its more that the rooms have a fabulous view, rather than the luxury I am looking for. Hoping someone can either correct me and explain why the rooms look so bland online or tell me that, yes, the rooms are only okay, not fabulous. In other words, does their website accurately depict their rooms? Thanks so much!
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, one last question: how are the bathrooms? I know these may sound like silly details, but they matter to us, and we are thinking out flying out for 5 days or so, just to unwind and relax, planning to spend a fair amount of time in the room. Thanks again,
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 08:24 AM
ltt

go above and do a search for rimrock. it is mentioned often and you'll get plenty of information.
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Andree

Hi Sherry, I stayed at the Rimrock and loved the rooms. The decor is more on the modern side than rustic, but still found it warm and cozy. Beautiful lobby and good restaurant. You'll enjoy it.

Old Nov 8th, 2003, 08:34 AM

If you're looking for a "cozy and intimate" experience in Banff you might want to look at the "Premier Rooms" at Buffalo Mountain Lodge. They do not sell the view that the Rimrock does however the amenities are wonderful. Included in the room is a stone fireplace (ask for a room on the second floor and you will have a wonderful peaked pine ceiling), duvet covers on the bed, heated slate floors in the large bathroom and a wonderful claw tub to soak in. The only downfall of the hotel is there is no room service. However, the dining room is excellent and the bar area is highlighted by a massive fireplace that is always alight.
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the feedback. I am going to go ahead with the Rimrock.
Yes, I had looked at the Buffalo Mountain Lodge, and it did look lovely but that was the downfall for us: no room service! And this is definitely a "get away" that calls for room service. I'm having strange luck planning this trip: we had also considered the Westin Mont Tremblant Quebec, but their room service is shut down for a month! Now when I called to finalize my plans for the Rimrock, the Thursday is booked solid So we are juggling things around but I will get it figured out soon! Thanks again!