- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
That mail was delivered to Boulder by horse and mule until 1940 should give you an idea of how out-of-the-way it is. (Route 12 helps make it decidedly less so.) The town was founded by cattle ranchers, and ranching continues to occupy many residents. The town of Escalante is larger, with more services, but Boulder has one of the finest lodges and restaurants in the state.
Boulder at a Glance
Elsewhere in Southwestern Utah
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's