- Go with the (lava) flow As you hike along the lower trails of Snow Canyon State Park, look up to see ridges capped in lava from eruptions that may have happened as recently as 20,000 years ago.
- Sit in a stagecoach Imagine travel in pioneer days in the one restored stagecoach that visitors can hop aboard at Iron Mission State Park Museum.
- Drive the Scenic Byway The stretch of Highway 12 that begins at Escalante and passes through Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and on to Capitol Reef National Park offers spectacular views along with some hair-raising twists and turns.
- Pay your respects to the Bard Watch productions such as Othello on a stage that replicates the old Globe Theatre during the Utah Shakespeare Festival.
- Walk where dinosaurs stepped The St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm would be developed real estate today if a backhoe hadn't unearthed ancient footprints in 2000.
THE GREAT AMERICAN VACATION
Eager to explore the U.S.? Our trip finder will help you find the perfect destination.More