- Small-town charm Small towns—most of them with shady town squares, small shops, and a café—dot this region. Abbeville and Aiken are a couple of the nicest.
- Rafting the Chattooga The fact that the movie Deliverance was filmed here doesn't scare away rafting enthusiasts from some of the best white water in the country.
- Antiquing in Camden Camden's Art and Antique District, which comprises most of the downtown area, is a trove of well-priced furniture, ironwork, and high-quality paintings.
- Congaree Swamp National Park Wander through 20 miles of trails or follow the 2½-mile boardwalk that meanders over lazy creeks and under massive hardwoods.
- Waterfalls There are more than 25 waterfalls in the Upstate; some, like 75-foot Twin Falls, are an easy walk from the road. Others, such as Raven Cliff Falls, are a 2-mile hike away.
THE GREAT AMERICAN VACATION
Eager to explore the U.S.? Our trip finder will help you find the perfect destination.More