- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
High Hampton Inn and Country Club Golf Course. This George Cobb–designed course has a beautiful mountain setting lined with hemlocks, pines, and rhododendrons. The par-3, 137-yard 8th hole was singled out by Golf Digest as one of the country's "great golf holes." The course is only open to guests of the inn and some area residents. 1527 Hwy. 107 S, Cashiers, NC, 28717. 828/743–2411. www.highhamptoninn.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. 6012 yds. Par 71. Hotel golf packages available. Facilities: Driving range, putting greens, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, pro shop, golf academy/lessons, restaurant, bar. Closed late Nov.-early Apr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's