- Biltmore Estate The 250-room Biltmore House, modeled after the great Renaissance châteaux of the Loire Valley in France, is the largest private home in America. It is the most-visited attraction in North Carolina.
- Blue Ridge Parkway This winding two-lane road, which ends at the edge of the Great Smokies and shows off the highest mountains in eastern America, is the most scenic drive in the South.
- Asheville Hip, artsy, sometimes funky, with scores of restaurants and active nightlife, Asheville is one of America's coolest places to live, and to visit.
- Engaging small towns You could easily fall in love with the charm, style, and Southern hospitality of Black Mountain, Blowing Rock, Brevard, and Hendersonville, to name a few.
- Mountain arts and crafts The mountains are a center of handmade art and crafts, with more than 4,000 working craftspeople.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More