- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Beaver Pond Campgrounds
Check Rates from our Partners
Beaver Pond Campgrounds Review
Adjacent to Lake Welch in Harriman State Park, the campground occupies an open area dotted with trees. Man-made Lake Welch has the largest beach—½-mi long—in the park and is popular for swimming, fishing, boating, and picnicking. Some 14-by-14-foot platforms for freestanding tents are available. Access is from Route 106, Exit 15 off the Palisades Parkway.
- Address: 800 County Rte. 106, Stony Point, NY 10980 | Map It
- Phone: 845/947–2792 information; 800/456–2267 reservations
- Website: www.nysparks.com
- Location: Harriman and Bear Mountain State Parks
- Reservations essential.
- 73 regular tent sites, 55 platform tent sites, 7 RV sites without hookups.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–mid-Apr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more