- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Beaver Pond Campgrounds
Check Rates from our Partners
Beaver Pond Campgrounds Review
Adjacent to Lake Welch in Harriman State Park, the campground occupies an open area dotted with trees. Man-made Lake Welch has the largest beach—½-mi long—in the park and is popular for swimming, fishing, boating, and picnicking. Some 14-by-14-foot platforms for freestanding tents are available. Access is from Route 106, Exit 15 off the Palisades Parkway.
- Address: 800 County Rte. 106, Stony Point, NY 10980 | Map It
- Phone: 845/947–2792 information; 800/456–2267 reservations
- Website: www.nysparks.com
- Location: Harriman and Bear Mountain State Parks
- Reservations essential.
- 73 regular tent sites, 55 platform tent sites, 7 RV sites without hookups.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–mid-Apr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more