- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Über-restaurateur Drew Neiporent transformed the former Montrachet space into a spare, elegant dining room, the perfect stage for whiz-kid chef Paul Liebrandt's understated, mildly experimental cuisine. The walls are decorated with subtle white trompe-l'oeil designs of cherry blossoms and birds, but the real adornment is on the plate, where Liebrandt transports diners with dishes like his "from the garden" composition: an assemblage of nearly 20 vegetable components that redefines what produce can do. Heirloom eggs are presented at the table in a basket, then spirited back to the kitchen for a slow poach before being served with trumpet mushrooms and serrano gelee. Desserts include chocolate tart with grapefruit and hazelnuts. The well-curated wine list has a cost-conscious selection of "country French" bottles.
- Address: 239 W. Broadway, between Walker and White Sts. TriBeCa, New York, NY 10013 | Map It
- Phone: 212/219–2777
- Website: www.cortonnyc.com
- Subway: 1 to Franklin St., A, C, E to Canal St.
- Location: TriBeCa
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more