- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
There's a young, sexy vibe at this vibrant Lower East Side restaurant where diners come for creative Latin cuisine. The bilevel eatery has a dining area, a ceviche bar, and—growing in the center of the restaurant—an olive tree. Ceviches are excellent, and there are several to choose from, as well as a selection of tapas. The kitchen excels with fish but the rice dishes are worthy of acclaim, too. For maximum enjoyment, come early for a predinner drink at the bar: standout cocktails include the pisco made with sour lime juice and foamy egg white. Latin-inspired brunch is served on weekends.
- Address: 165 Allen St., between Rivington and Stanton Sts. Lower East Side, New York, NY 10002 | Map It
- Phone: 212/253–8840
- Website: www.rayuelanyc.com
- Subway: F to 2nd Ave.; J, M, Z to Essex and Delancey Sts.
- Location: Lower East Side
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more