- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
There's a young, sexy vibe at this vibrant Lower East Side restaurant where diners come for creative Latin cuisine courtesy of Máximo Tejada, the chef who built his reputation cooking at the popular (now closed) Lucy's Latin Kitchen. The bilevel eatery has a dining area, a ceviche bar, and—growing in the center of the restaurant—an olive tree. Ceviches are excellent, and there are several to choose from, as well as a selection of tapas. The kitchen excels with fish but the rice dishes are worthy of acclaim, too. For maximum enjoyment, come early for a predinner drink at the bar: standout cocktails include the pisco made with sour lime juice and foamy egg white. Latin-inspired brunch is served on weekends.
- Address: 165 Allen St., between Rivington and Stanton Sts. Lower East Side, New York, NY 10002 | Map It
- Phone: 212/253–8840
- Website: www.rayuelanyc.com
- Subway: F to 2nd Ave.; J, M, Z to Essex and Delancey Sts.
- Location: Lower East Side
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more