- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cooper's Beach. For a fee, you can stretch out on the sand of this Southampton Village beach, studying the sea in one direction and historic mansions—including Calvin Klein's massive manse (the one with the turrets)—in the other. Facilities include lifeguards (9–5 daily from Memorial Day through Labor Day), restrooms, outdoor showers, and a snack bar. 268 Meadow Lane, Southampton, NY, 11968. 631/283–0247. www.southamptonvillage.org. Memorial Day–Labor Day $25 weekdays, $30 weekends.
Ponquogue Beach. This beach, a 15-minute drive west of Southampton Village and at the end of Ponquogue Bridge, has lifeguards, changing and shower facilities, and a snack bar. Dune Rd., Hampton Bays, NY, 11946. 631/728–8585. www.town.southampton.ny.us. $20 (late June–mid-Sept.).
Pay close attention to Southampton village parking signs. Village beaches require parking permits and the police strictly enforce these rules.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe