Oahu is one-stop Hawaii---all the allure of the Islands in a chop-suey mix that has you kayaking around offshore islets by day and sitting in a jazz club 'round midnight, all without ever having to take another flight or repack your suitcase. It offers both the buzz of modern living in jam-packed Honolulu (the state's capital) and the allure of slow-paced island life on its northern and eastern shores. It is, in many ways, the center of the Hawaiian universe.
- Waves Boogie board or surf some of the best breaks on the planet.
- Pearl Harbor Remember Pearl Harbor with a visit to the Arizona memorial.
- Diamond Head Scale the crater whose iconic proflie looms over Waikiki.
- Nightlife Raise your glass to the best party scene in Hawaii.
- The North Shore See Oahu's country side—check out the famous beaches from Sunset to Waimea Bay and hike to the remote tip of the island.