- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Roosevelt Stables. The mountain terrain makes the Pine Mountain area an interesting place for horseback riding. Roosevelt Stables, in Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park, has 28 mi of trails and offers everything from one-hour rides to overnight trips complete with cowboy breakfasts. 1063 Group Camp Rd., Pine Mountain, GA, 31822. 706/628–7463. www.rooseveltstables.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Horseback Riding
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's