- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hattuşa and the Other Hittite Cities
The ancient ruined sites of the Hittite Empire are contained within a triangle in northeastern Central Anatolia bounded by Hattuşa, Yazılıkaya, and Alacahöyük. All the Hittite cities can be seen in a day trip from Ankara if you have a car. Otherwise, you'd be best tagging along with a guided archaeological tour.
Elsewhere in Central Anatolia
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe