- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- unique ambience and style of the renovated farmhouses
- special local cuisine
- inspired views from the lawn
- you are out in the sticks with nowhere to go except the great outdoors
- basic amenities (like an ATM) are a 20-minute drive
Check Rates from our Partners
This picturesque, family-owned hotel, made up of three ancient farmhouses, has sgraffiti and flower boxes on the outside, antiques and honey-color pine on the inside, and a luxurious restaurant serving tasty local dishes. In summer, an adjacent garden eatery is open to enjoy specialties such as chamois with a walnut crust and elderberry sauce or Lamm auf Alpenheu (lamb simmered in aromatic local Alpine grasses). Most of the guest rooms are simple and modern, though you can have a splendid carved-pine room if you pay a bit more. An adjacent, renovated 17th-century farmhouse has a half-dozen suites.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Will the Eurail Global Pass the only pass I need to travel in Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more