- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Hotel Villa Post
At a Glance
- sense of history
- fine dining
- grand natural setting
- anyone on the lookout for a buzzing social atmosphere should look elsewhere
- if traveling by public transport, keep in mind that there's only one bus per hour
Hotel Villa Post Review
Marked by its distinctive turret topped with a Swiss flag, this former post office provides simply and tastefully decorated guest rooms and a familial atmosphere ideal for those seeking a peaceful home away from home. Guests are welcomed with a drink in the antique-filled sitting room. For a full blast of yesteryear, head to the sumptuously wood-paneled Arvenstube restaurant, an opulent pine setting for local specialties made from market-fresh ingredients. A nightcap in front of the fireplace on winter evenings rounds off a most restful experience.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Will the Eurail Global Pass the only pass I need to travel in Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more