- Falling water The feathery Jet d'Eau, Geneva's iconic harbor fountain, is visible for tens of miles in every direction.
- Time on your hands Chances are good you'll leave this city of watchmakers with a new timepiece—for glorious old ones, visit the Patek Philippe Museum.
- City of God The Protestant Reformation moved through Geneva like a hurricane almost five centuries ago; the city's churches still bear scars.
- Block party The Fêtes de Genève gives everyone a midsummer break by turning La Rade into a 10-day smorgasbord of international foods.
- Exclusive baubles To wander the Rue du Rhône is to take a roll call of the world's finest jewelers–only here many are homegrown.
- Clink glasses Swiss wines aren't widely available outside the country, so take the opportunity to explore Gamays from Geneva and Merlots from Montreux at a café, wine bar, or restaurant.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More