- Explore the Basque coast From colorful fishing villages to tawny beaches, the Basque Coast always delights the eye.
- Eat tapas in San Sebastián Nothing matches San Sebastián's old quarter, with the booming laughter of tavern-hoppers who graze at counters heaped with colorful morsels.
- Appreciate Bilbao's art and architecture The gleaming titanium Guggenheim and the Museo de Bellas Artes (Fine Arts Museum) shimmer where steel mills and shipyards once stood, while verdant pastures loom above and beyond.
- Run with the bulls in Pamplona Running with a pack of wild animals (and people) will certainly get the adrenaline pumping, but you might prefer to be a spectator.
- Drink in La Rioja wine country Spain's premier wine region is filled with wine-tasting opportunities and fine cuisine.
Need a break from the big city? View 42-hour itineraries from 13 cities.More