- Herrenchiemsee Take the old steam-driven ferry to the island in Chiemsee to visit the last and most glorious castle of "Mad" King Ludwig II.
- Great nature From the crystalline Königsee lake and grandiose Karwendel Mountains, to Garmisch's powdery snow, and the magical forests, it’s everything a nature lover needs.
- Meditating in Ettal monastery If it isn't the sheer complexity of the baroque ornamentation and the riot of frescoes, then it might be the fluid sound of the ancient organ that puts you in a deep, relaxing trance. A great brewery and distillery round out the deeply religious experience.
- Rejuvenation in Reichenhall The new Rupertus spa in Bad Reichenhall has the applications you need to turn back your body's clock, from saltwater baths to mudpacks.
- Confronting History in Berchtesgaden Explore the darkest chapter of German history at Obersalzberg, Hitler’s mountain retreat.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More