- Drink Champagne—what else! Sample some bubbly, see the vineyards, and visit the cavernous chalk cellars where bottles are stored by the million.
- Bask in Gothic glory No fewer than 10 Gothic cathedrals dot the region—don’t miss the biggest (Amiens) or the tallest (neighboring Beauvais).
- Look up in Laon With its cathedral towers patrolling the hilly horizon, the "Crowned Mountain " has a site whose grandeur rivals Mont-St-Michel.
- Drink now, pray later in Reims Beyond being a center for Champagne production, regal Reims is also home to France's great coronation cathedral.
- Exercise your options Hiking on one of Champagne’s fabulous, forested sentiers de Grandes Randonnées can be an intoxicating outdoor activity.
GREAT AMERICAN VACATION
Take our short photo quiz to reveal your ideal trip in the U.S.More