Martinique is simply one of the Caribbean's most enchanting destinations. Francophiles adore the French island for its gastronomy, its music and élan, and the availability of the finest French products, from Chanel fashions to Limoges china. It's endowed with physical beauty as varied as white-sand beaches and tropical rain forests. The volcano Mont Pelée looms over the harbor town of St-Pierre. Dynamic changes in its largest city, Fort-de-France, enhanced attractions, new restaurants and clubs, make Martinique one of the most cosmopolitan islands around.
- The Romance A magical sensuality infuses everything; it will awaken dormant desires and fuel existing fires.
- Beautiful Beaches A full roster of beautiful beaches will let you enjoy sun and sand.
- The French Connection Excellent French food, not to mention French music and fashion, make the island a paradise for those in search of the finer things.
- Range of Accommodations Hospitable, stylish small hotels abound; big resorts, too. Or play expat in a private, luxe villa.
- Inviting Waters The sea, Caribbean; the ocean, Atlantic—experience the water in a kayak or on a sailboat. Even a ferry works.