I don't know much about Saratoga Springs except we happen to be there. DS#2 is on the way back to college in Vermont and we've stopped on the way so he can visit with friends who are in school in this town which is famous for horse racing, sulphur springs, and big old houses which must be very difficult to heat. We're at the Holiday Inn Express with jake the dog. DS#2 is staying in his friend's dorm room. The Holiday Inn is very nice with an indoor and outdoor pool. The pillows have little labels on them that say "soft" or "firm" in case you can't figure it out. The pools aren't labeled. We had breakfast at McDonalds and biked to the State Park where we saw a geiser (spouting water, not an old guy) and made reservations later today at the spa for a bath and massage, although we have a shower in our room at the Holiday Inn. To be continued.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 6 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 9 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 10 new online travel network
- 11 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 12 USA with a 3 year old
- 13 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Universal studios/Orlando
- 16 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 17 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 18 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 19 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 20 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 21 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 22 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 23 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 24 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 25 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants