I don't know much about Saratoga Springs except we happen to be there. DS#2 is on the way back to college in Vermont and we've stopped on the way so he can visit with friends who are in school in this town which is famous for horse racing, sulphur springs, and big old houses which must be very difficult to heat. We're at the Holiday Inn Express with jake the dog. DS#2 is staying in his friend's dorm room. The Holiday Inn is very nice with an indoor and outdoor pool. The pillows have little labels on them that say "soft" or "firm" in case you can't figure it out. The pools aren't labeled. We had breakfast at McDonalds and biked to the State Park where we saw a geiser (spouting water, not an old guy) and made reservations later today at the spa for a bath and massage, although we have a shower in our room at the Holiday Inn. To be continued.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 2 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 3 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 4 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 5 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 6 Los Angeles day trips
- 7 Hawaiian Islands
- 8 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 9 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 10 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 11 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 12 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 13 Advice on Roadtrip
- 14 Cabin in Asheville area
- 15 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 16 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 17 Seattle Transportation??
- 18 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 19 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 22 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 23 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 24 Zion the narrows
- 25 Dessert with a view in Monterey?