I don't know much about Saratoga Springs except we happen to be there. DS#2 is on the way back to college in Vermont and we've stopped on the way so he can visit with friends who are in school in this town which is famous for horse racing, sulphur springs, and big old houses which must be very difficult to heat. We're at the Holiday Inn Express with jake the dog. DS#2 is staying in his friend's dorm room. The Holiday Inn is very nice with an indoor and outdoor pool. The pillows have little labels on them that say "soft" or "firm" in case you can't figure it out. The pools aren't labeled. We had breakfast at McDonalds and biked to the State Park where we saw a geiser (spouting water, not an old guy) and made reservations later today at the spa for a bath and massage, although we have a shower in our room at the Holiday Inn. To be continued.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 2 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 3 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 4 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 5 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 6 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 7 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 8 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 9 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 10 Houston in September
- 11 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 12 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 13 late-night DC restaurant
- 14 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 15 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 16 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 17 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 18 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 19 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 20 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 21 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 22 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 23 Oahu ideas
- 24 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 25 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014