My husband and I are traveling with another couple to Hartford the first of October for the Marathon. The marathon is on Saturday and we are arriving on Friday. My first questions is how long to stay in Hartford? We will be staying downtown and enjoy walking and enjoying new cities. We also like history. We will definetely stay through Saturday night but would there be enough to do for a thrid night. We fly back out of Hartford the following Saturday and are wondering what is the best beach to visit for the last 5 days or so? We want to drive as little as possible but at the same time want the best views while we are there. So we are willing to compromise. I have checked out Mystic but I am not sure. We enjoy running of course, biking, hiking, eating seafood, drinking wine, relaxing, sail boats, animal watching and history. Thanks for any tips.
Hartford Connecticut Marathon and Week Long Trip
View all United States activity »
- 1 PURCHASE AUTHENTIC PASSPORT,ID CARDS,DRIVING LICENSE
- 2 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 3 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 4 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 5 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 6 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 7 Judo in California?
- 8 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 9 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 10 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 11 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 12 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 13 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 14 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 15 Madison Square Garden
- 16 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 17 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 18 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 19 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 20 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 21 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 22 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 23 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 First time to Austin-San Antonio area