My husband and I are traveling with another couple to Hartford the first of October for the Marathon. The marathon is on Saturday and we are arriving on Friday. My first questions is how long to stay in Hartford? We will be staying downtown and enjoy walking and enjoying new cities. We also like history. We will definetely stay through Saturday night but would there be enough to do for a thrid night. We fly back out of Hartford the following Saturday and are wondering what is the best beach to visit for the last 5 days or so? We want to drive as little as possible but at the same time want the best views while we are there. So we are willing to compromise. I have checked out Mystic but I am not sure. We enjoy running of course, biking, hiking, eating seafood, drinking wine, relaxing, sail boats, animal watching and history. Thanks for any tips.
Hartford Connecticut Marathon and Week Long Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 13 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 A day in Dallas
- 16 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 17 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Door County Suggestions
- 20 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 21 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 22 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 23 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 24 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 25 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?