My husband and I are traveling with another couple to Hartford the first of October for the Marathon. The marathon is on Saturday and we are arriving on Friday. My first questions is how long to stay in Hartford? We will be staying downtown and enjoy walking and enjoying new cities. We also like history. We will definetely stay through Saturday night but would there be enough to do for a thrid night. We fly back out of Hartford the following Saturday and are wondering what is the best beach to visit for the last 5 days or so? We want to drive as little as possible but at the same time want the best views while we are there. So we are willing to compromise. I have checked out Mystic but I am not sure. We enjoy running of course, biking, hiking, eating seafood, drinking wine, relaxing, sail boats, animal watching and history. Thanks for any tips.
Hartford Connecticut Marathon and Week Long Trip
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 2 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 3 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 4 St. Augustine, Florida
- 5 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 San Antonio
- 8 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 9 hotel near Met NYC
- 10 Where should I move to?
- 11 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 12 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 13 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 14 Fripp island
- 15 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 16 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 17 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 18 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 19 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 20 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 21 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 22 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 23 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 24 Hotel near Public Theater
- 25 San Francisco Hotel Help