My husband and I are traveling with another couple to Hartford the first of October for the Marathon. The marathon is on Saturday and we are arriving on Friday. My first questions is how long to stay in Hartford? We will be staying downtown and enjoy walking and enjoying new cities. We also like history. We will definetely stay through Saturday night but would there be enough to do for a thrid night. We fly back out of Hartford the following Saturday and are wondering what is the best beach to visit for the last 5 days or so? We want to drive as little as possible but at the same time want the best views while we are there. So we are willing to compromise. I have checked out Mystic but I am not sure. We enjoy running of course, biking, hiking, eating seafood, drinking wine, relaxing, sail boats, animal watching and history. Thanks for any tips.
Hartford Connecticut Marathon and Week Long Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 2 Travel West Coast
- 3 Where to go in Maine?
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 6 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 12 Rafting near Denali
- 13 Colorado in the summer!
- 14 Kennebunkport and....?
- 15 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 16 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 17 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 18 WISCONSIN
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 24 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 25 New York City Restaurants