We have an 8am flight to Miami out of Bogota on Feb 11 and our ground agent has put us up at the Emporium Hotel in the city. He says it is a 15-20 min drive under normal circumstances. I've read stories about the terrible traffic and am wondering if it would be better to stay closer to the airport. Also should I assume we'll need to get to the airport by 5am, 3 hrs before flight, like we do at other major South American airports? Thanks for any insights.
Bogota airport hotel?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Birding in Mindo
- 2 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 3 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 4 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 5 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 6 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 7 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 8 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 9 Peru Escorted Travel
- 10 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 11 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 12 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 13 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 14 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 15 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina
- 17 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 18 Back to South America
- 19 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 20 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 21 JW Marriott Lima
- 22 Trip Report - Very Long
- 23 Quito recommendations
- 24 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 25 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?