I know i have a few posts open about were to go in Italy when i fly there in Sept for 5 nights, however i keep changing my mind when i see other peoples reviews:
the plan i decided on a couple of days ago was:
fly to naples airport Sunday 30th Sept then take a ferry/hydrofoil to Ischia and stay there for 2 nights after then then go to Sorrento and stay there for 3 nights as then i can easily visit Pompeii and take another day trip if i seen one aswell as seeing Sorrento.
I am know wondering whether to stay the 2 nights in Ischia or whether to stay in Positano or Capri instead? i want to definately stay in Sorrento for 3 nights so im just undecided on were to spend my first 2 nights.
My husband and i, love walking around and seeing the sights of little villages/towns and eating at nice restaurants (not to expensive). I dont mind touristy places however he prefers places a bit less touristy so im not sure where to go as i understand Ishcia is not as touristy as Capri but ive heard Capri is amazing! Also i would like to go Positano but is it really expensive? and how would i get there from Naples airport?
can anyone advise?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SE ITALY
- 2 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 3 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 4 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 5 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 6 Helpful Hint
- 7 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 8 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 9 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 10 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 11 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 12 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 13 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017
- 14 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 15 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 16 Croatia short sail trip
- 17 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 18 6 Days in Italy
- 19 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 20 Stu Tower
- 21 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 22 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 23 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 24 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each