I know i have a few posts open about were to go in Italy when i fly there in Sept for 5 nights, however i keep changing my mind when i see other peoples reviews:
the plan i decided on a couple of days ago was:
fly to naples airport Sunday 30th Sept then take a ferry/hydrofoil to Ischia and stay there for 2 nights after then then go to Sorrento and stay there for 3 nights as then i can easily visit Pompeii and take another day trip if i seen one aswell as seeing Sorrento.
I am know wondering whether to stay the 2 nights in Ischia or whether to stay in Positano or Capri instead? i want to definately stay in Sorrento for 3 nights so im just undecided on were to spend my first 2 nights.
My husband and i, love walking around and seeing the sights of little villages/towns and eating at nice restaurants (not to expensive). I dont mind touristy places however he prefers places a bit less touristy so im not sure where to go as i understand Ishcia is not as touristy as Capri but ive heard Capri is amazing! Also i would like to go Positano but is it really expensive? and how would i get there from Naples airport?
can anyone advise?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest in December 2017
- 2 Traveling eperience and the difficulties involved
- 3 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 6 Acropolis Athens
- 7 Korean Messages
- 8 5 Days in Switzerland
- 9 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 10 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 11 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 12 6-7 Days in France
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 Another tipping question: concierges
- 16 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 17 We're here!
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 Getting to Bolivia
- 20 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 21 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?
- 22 Swiss Travel Pass
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 25 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!