I know i have a few posts open about were to go in Italy when i fly there in Sept for 5 nights, however i keep changing my mind when i see other peoples reviews:
the plan i decided on a couple of days ago was:
fly to naples airport Sunday 30th Sept then take a ferry/hydrofoil to Ischia and stay there for 2 nights after then then go to Sorrento and stay there for 3 nights as then i can easily visit Pompeii and take another day trip if i seen one aswell as seeing Sorrento.
I am know wondering whether to stay the 2 nights in Ischia or whether to stay in Positano or Capri instead? i want to definately stay in Sorrento for 3 nights so im just undecided on were to spend my first 2 nights.
My husband and i, love walking around and seeing the sights of little villages/towns and eating at nice restaurants (not to expensive). I dont mind touristy places however he prefers places a bit less touristy so im not sure where to go as i understand Ishcia is not as touristy as Capri but ive heard Capri is amazing! Also i would like to go Positano but is it really expensive? and how would i get there from Naples airport?
can anyone advise?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 Portugal with large family
- 3 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 4 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 5 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 6 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 7 Croatia
- 8 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 9 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 10 Croatia trip Planning
- 11 If you had to choose one......
- 12 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 13 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 16 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 17 Driving in Italy?
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Tour groups
- 20 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 21 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 22 Ireland in April
- 23 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 24 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents