My fiance and I are looking at locations for our honeymoon. We will be arriving in early September 2014 and staying roughly a week. Neither of us have ever been to the Caribbean before, and are very excited, but also nervous about choosing the right place for us. Let me give you a little of what we are looking for. We are in our early 30's, she is a sun Goddess (but pool or ocean are both fine by her), we like activity, nightlife a must, cocktails, dancing, exploring, and having fun (not just partying). I am the type that if I am in silence and am forced to lay on a beach for a week, I will wind up becoming best friends with a volleyball and naming him Wilson. I have recently been looking at Curacao and Barbados. I am asking for some help here. Some people in the forums were not fans of Curacao's beaches. Can you all give me some recommendations on which island fits us as well as places to stay on those islands? Would love to find a place with everything listed above, and close to nightlife. I want to give her the fantastic, romantic, and fun honeymoon she deserves! Somewhere we can be private when we want, and social when we want. Thanks a million in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Volcanoes, Rainforest, and Beaches
- 2 Anguilla or Turks & Caicos?
- 3 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 4 Saint John retirement
- 5 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 6 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 7 Cuba by car
- 8 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 9 20th anniversary
- 10 The great advantages including with the use
- 11 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 12 cheap living & travelling in Dominican Republic
- 13 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 14 Sunny Beach Weather in February
- 15 Safe for Family
- 16 Christmas destination
- 17 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 18 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 19 USVI St John trip with kids and Westin St John stay
- 20 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 21 Honeymoon Destination
- 22 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 23 shore excursions
- 24 just be careful
- 25 Restaurants in Aruba