My fiance and I are looking at locations for our honeymoon. We will be arriving in early September 2014 and staying roughly a week. Neither of us have ever been to the Caribbean before, and are very excited, but also nervous about choosing the right place for us. Let me give you a little of what we are looking for. We are in our early 30's, she is a sun Goddess (but pool or ocean are both fine by her), we like activity, nightlife a must, cocktails, dancing, exploring, and having fun (not just partying). I am the type that if I am in silence and am forced to lay on a beach for a week, I will wind up becoming best friends with a volleyball and naming him Wilson. I have recently been looking at Curacao and Barbados. I am asking for some help here. Some people in the forums were not fans of Curacao's beaches. Can you all give me some recommendations on which island fits us as well as places to stay on those islands? Would love to find a place with everything listed above, and close to nightlife. I want to give her the fantastic, romantic, and fun honeymoon she deserves! Somewhere we can be private when we want, and social when we want. Thanks a million in advance!!!
Honeymoon: Curacao or Barbados?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamaica vs The DR
- 2 celebrating 40
- 3 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 4 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 5 Where to go in February/March
- 6 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 7 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 8 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 9 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 10 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 11 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 12 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 13 Which island?
- 14 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 15 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 18 St. Croix and sea grass
- 19 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 20 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 21 Bahamas Resort
- 22 Which country?
- 23 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 24 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 25 Antigua or St Martin