My fiance and I are looking at locations for our honeymoon. We will be arriving in early September 2014 and staying roughly a week. Neither of us have ever been to the Caribbean before, and are very excited, but also nervous about choosing the right place for us. Let me give you a little of what we are looking for. We are in our early 30's, she is a sun Goddess (but pool or ocean are both fine by her), we like activity, nightlife a must, cocktails, dancing, exploring, and having fun (not just partying). I am the type that if I am in silence and am forced to lay on a beach for a week, I will wind up becoming best friends with a volleyball and naming him Wilson. I have recently been looking at Curacao and Barbados. I am asking for some help here. Some people in the forums were not fans of Curacao's beaches. Can you all give me some recommendations on which island fits us as well as places to stay on those islands? Would love to find a place with everything listed above, and close to nightlife. I want to give her the fantastic, romantic, and fun honeymoon she deserves! Somewhere we can be private when we want, and social when we want. Thanks a million in advance!!!
Honeymoon: Curacao or Barbados?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 2 San Juan Airport
- 3 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 4 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 5 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 6 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 7 Back from San Juan
- 8 Why Barbados?
- 9 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 10 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 11 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 12 Storm ?
- 13 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 14 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 15 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 16 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 17 Kristen- where are you?????
- 18 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 19 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 20 The Color of the Water
- 21 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 22 Anguilla stay?
- 23 Punta Cana excursions
- 24 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable
- 25 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700