Search

Honeymoon Help

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon Help

We are thinking of barbados for our honeymoon in the second week of september... Not sure about the hurricanes, where to stay, etc. She needs sun and sand and I would like some siteseeing...? Any where else in the carribean that is "hurricane safe"
Old May 18th, 2005, 03:39 AM

The ABC islands are fairly safe (Aruba,Bonaire,Curarao)I have been to Aruba..if you like to relax on the beach and not much else..it would be a place to consider.

I have heard that Curacao has more culture and sites so out of the 3..I would suggest Curacao.

Aruba is very touristy and Americanized.It does have very friendly people and beautiful beaches,wonderful restaurants.It just depends on what you like.

Good luck!!
Old May 18th, 2005, 03:42 AM

Another thought would be the Hawaiian Islands.I have been to Kauai..it has both sights and beautiful beaches.Kauai is also not as developed as some of the other islands.

We live on the east coast and it was a long flight but well worth it!!
Old May 18th, 2005, 05:38 AM

Barbados does not typically get like some other places do. I know a lot of people who have honeymooned during the season with no problems. Barbados is a fabulous place, it is a large island so there is tons to do and lots of wonderful beaches (mostly on the west coast) Sandy Lane, Glitter Bay, Cobblers Cove, Almond Beach, all really nice places. If you go there, make sure you dine at The Cliff for dinner, one of the top best restaurants in the world and the only one in the Caribbean, it is fabulous I had dinner there last year, totally romantic and fantastic food. Barbados has great shopping, lots of culuture and is just wonderful.

If you consider the ABC islands I would only recommend Curacao - it has a lot more culture and is less americanized. The Marriott resort there is wonderful. Curacao is more of a european feel, lots of culture great restaurants.
Old May 21st, 2005, 03:13 AM

Hi

Firstly Congrats

One writer mentioned we don't get hit by Hurricanes often it is true not in over 55 years I think.

They always turn North I think it is to do with the curving up of South America and the whole direction of the Water.

Curaso is beautiful I have been there myself and loved it but in all honest Barbados has allot more to offer in terms of sightseeing and beaches.

If you email me at sarah@glorytours,org
I can email you addition info

Best Regards
Sarah Taylor
www.glorytours.org
Old May 21st, 2005, 03:27 AM

I agree with other posters. Barbados is pretty far south and really isn't so much in the hurricane belt although one never knows with hurricanes, like last season one came very close to Aruba. Also agree very much with ABC assessment, of the 3, if you are looking for culture, beaches and some siteseeing then definitely Curacao and stay at the Marriott, if you are into some fantastic diving/snorkeling but don't care about beaches then go to Bonaire....there is never any reason to go to Aruba. Another great place outside the hurricane belt is Tobago, beautiful beaches, diving/snorkeling, rainforest, golf and is very slow paced, not overly touristed, very well priced and a nice quiet place to go.