Williamsburg Area with the Kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for some fun things to do with the family this June in and around the Williamsburg area. It will be out first time there, traveling down from PA. Other than of course Busch Gardens and Williamsburg, what else would be good for younger kids (6 and under)?

Any "non touristy" things/small towns which would be neat to visit?
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 05:11 AM

Do your kids like the Disney version of Pocohantas? If so they may enjoy visiting the Jamestown museum. Its an interactive kind of place where the kids can touch everything. There is a Powhatan village there that the Disney animators used as the model for Pocohantas. There is also replicas of the fort the English built as well as replicas of the ships they came over on. When I took my then 3yo there she was in heaven. If you have a dvd in your car, maybe you can have them watch the movie on the way down.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 05:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
The Virginia Living Museum in Newport News is a big hit with kids of all ages. It is about 30 minutes from Williamsburg. Take a break from the tourist things and go to play at Kidsburg, a fun playground on Ironbound Rd. in Williamsburg.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 05:43 AM

There are a lot of threads here about Williamsburg. Do a search and you will find lots of information.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 07:16 PM

Our two boys (same age)love Kidsburg, the playground at Mid-County Park. It is large and wonderful http://www.jccegov.com/recreation/midcounty_park.html

Parts are built like Jamestown fort, part like the boat that carried the settlers, it is wonderful with things to entertain tots and larger kids.

My boys also love to eat at Pierce's barbecue, Second Street, and the Cheese Shop, all in Williamsburg.