Which Ritz Carlton in Naples,FL

Old Jun 15th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Ritz Carlton in Naples,FL

I would like to take my 17 yr old daughter for a 4 day holiday in Naples. I know this question has been asked before but which is the better Ritz to stay at in Naples:beach resort or golf resort? We don't golf but it seems like people prefer this hotel. Would you still go there if you mainly wanted to go to the beach? Thanks!
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 04:45 AM

I much prefer the golf hotel, but then again, I love to golf. They have a great pool, great service, sushi on Friday's, and an amazing buffet breakfast. They also provide an hourly shuttle service to the beach hotel which is great.

That being said, if your main criteria is beach time, you are probably better suited at the beach hotel. The beach and pools are fantastic. My only issue with the beach property is that it is more stodgey and stuck up. Alot more formal. And they get tons of convention traffic. Still great service and food, but a totally different environment.
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 06:34 AM

I've stayed at the beach hotel and loved it. I didn't find it to be stuffy (although the lobby is a very fancy). There were families with young children there. They have a great beach, pool, beachside restaurant and spa there. I think that is likely to be of more interest to you and your daughter than the golf resort if you don't golf. Would you want to have to take the shuttle every day to the beach???
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 09:40 AM

Hubby and I stayed at the Beach Hotel a few weeks ago. We loved it! Beautiful common rooms and outdoor areas. The staff was wonderful. The beach was gorgeous. Fun outdoor bar and restaurant called Gumbo Limbo. Can't wait to go back again.
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 10:53 AM

Beach Resort hands down.
If you and your daughter enjoy bicycling, be sure to borrow/rent bikes and ride for a few hours around Pelican Bay, the handsome neighborhood continguous to the Ritz. In fact, it's a pleasant ride from the Ritz to Park Shore-- another handsome and very typical "Naples" area. By the way, from the beach in front of the Ritz, be sure to stroll an hour or so down the beach to the left (facing the water): gorgeous Pelican Bay mansions and very empty stretches of sand.
(And if you happen to like sushi, there's a pretty good Japanese restaurant across the street from the Ritz, called Da Ru Ma.)