Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Help-LagoMar, Turnberry Isle or Ritz Palm Beach

Old May 5th, 2004, 02:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to south florida next month and have narrowed it down to these 3 resorts. Can anyone give me some sugestions. Just my wife and i are going> I know they are all different but which one has the best overall experience. Lago and Turnberry are about the same price, ritz is about $50 more per night. thanks
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:21 AM

Unless you want tennis,(Turnberry) I'd have to say The Ritz South Beach. It has a great location, is on the ocean and it is a beautiful hotel.

Lots of Lago Mar fans here, I'm sure you'll get lots of votes there as well. There will be few families at the Ritz so you can have a glamour/romantic weekend. LMF
Old May 5th, 2004, 05:28 AM

I assume you realize the 2 of you are talking about diffent Ritzes. The Ritz Carlton in Palm Beach is not really in Palm Beach. It's a drive away. I think some of the decision depends on how long you're staying & whether you intend eating outside the resort.
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

I am talking about the ritz palm beach not south beach, i will be staying 3 nights and will probably eat both at and outside the resort. I have read that the rooms at turnberry are beautiful, probably nicer than the ritz, any opinions, i know these resorts are an hour apart, but that doesnt matter. any other comments are appreciated
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:53 PM

I can't compare the three, but I have stayed at Turnberry and I absolutely LOVE it. The rooms are beautiful and large, the grounds are lovely, the brand new spa is perfect, the service is excellent...I could go on. The pool area is fairly small, but nice and quiet. The golf courses, from what I hear, are great. (I don't golf). It's not right on the beach, but they have quick shuttles that will take you there anytime. Turnberry has their own "beach club" with a snack area, bar, pool, and beach chairs and towels. I just really enjoy this place...I have not been disappointed by anything when staying there.

Like I said, I don't know about the others, but Turnberry is a gem!
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

any other comments on lago mar or ritz carlton palm beach as compared to turnberry isle. thanks
Old May 16th, 2004, 06:14 AM

I have stayed at Lago Mar several times and love it, but don't think it is on the same level as Turnberry. I believe Turnberry is more of a luxury resort. Oeanfront suites at Lago Mar are very nicely furnished and view is wonderful. Just booked one for July at $210. This is a family owned resort and they do a great job.
Also love the Marriott Harbor Beach in Fort Lauderdale. This is a beautiful resort with gorgeous oceanfront views. The pool is huge and it has nicely kept grounds. However, I believe OF rooms are about $250 and would rather have the OF suite at Lago for $210.
Good luck and let know how your stay was when you return!