Search

WHICH RITZ TO PICK?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2003, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHICH RITZ TO PICK?

My husband and I are going to Miami and Palm Beach the last week in March. He has a convention in Miami during the week, and then we plan to go to Palm Beach on Saturday for the annual boat show. We have to stay at the convention hotel Mon-Thurs, but plan to switch to a Ritz Carlton for Fri-Sun. Does any one know which Ritz is better - Coconut Grove, Biscayne Bay, or the one in Palm Beach? I figure if the Miami area ones are nicer we will drive to Palm Beach for the day, and if the Palm beach one is better, we will stay there for the weekend.
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 10:00 AM

I have only been to the one in palm beach but it is awesome. Right on the beach, amazing service, etc... Palm Beach is alot more upscale than the other places you mentioned. It would probably be a nice break after Miami.
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:14 AM

The beach area and pool area of the Palm Beach Ritz is GORGEOUS!! But the hotel is not in Palm Beach proper- it is in Manalapan -about a 10 min drive South on the Ocean from Palm Beach center-- It is near a string of other nice hotels but NOT near town...
Rooms are typical Ritz Carlton- elegant yet small......

Since you have to be in Palm Beach for the boat show, I would certainly try the Ritz in Palm Beach ( IF you can get a reservation this late)....
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:22 AM

Molly- I just went on the website-
The one in COCONUT GROVE, while new (Sept.2002) is NOT on the beach---it is in the heart of the shopping area in Coconut Grove...

Whereas ,the Ritz on Key Biscayne is NEW and ON the BEACH--

The one in Palm Beach is over 10 years old ( but is STILL kept up in typical wonderful Ritz fashion)...

I have no idea where you are staying in Miami for your convention-- If it is in a fancy hotel on the Ocean , then great-- you will have access to South Beach and all it's wonders....

SO, to me, a drive up to Palm Beach for lifestyles of the rich and famous , would be a welcome change to Miami--as the shopping on Worth Ave is like Rodeo Dr in Beverly Hills---

If you don't need the shopping, and want to just chill, then I would try the NEW Ritz on Key Biscayne--But be forewarned, you are on an island and will have to drive everywhere about 1/2 hr (unless you eat on Key Biscayne)to go out to dinner...lots of traffic....
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 02:59 PM

My husband and I stayed in a Club level room at the Ritz-Carlton, Biscayne Bay in late September 2001. It was a wonderful experience! The hotel is gorgeous (as you would expect with all Ritz properties). But, the staff was exceptional. Everyone -- from the valet to the housekeepers to the front desk staff to the concierge -- was very friendly and helpful.

The food was superb. The offerings at the Club Lounge were absolutely delectable! There's also a nice cigar bar/lounge on the lobby level.

If you don't stay on the Club level, make sure to do afternoon tea in the lobby at least once. It's worth it if you like sweets.

The pool, while small, is terrific and you just barely contemplate wanting a drink and a cocktail waitress suddenly appears.

As a whole, it was definitely two thumbs up. We'd go back if we were in the area again (although we really weren't crazy about the Miami Beach / Bal Harbour area).

Have a great trip!
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for all of the help!!
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 05:16 PM

Molly,
I have actually stayed at all three!! By far the best is Key Biscayne location. It is absolutely beautiful, but then again...what do you expect from the Ritz! The Palm Beach location is okay, but nothing I went crazy over. The Grove is mainly residential and too much of a business hotel for my taste. The Key is to die for, unbelievable pool, large grounds, very quiet and an incredible spa--the best of the three. I like the Key b/c you are only about a short cab from the Beach and the Grove but you feel like you are more away from the city. Have an AWESOME time.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 03:30 AM

Ashley-Were there a lot of children at The Key Biscayne location?Do you remember what month you were there?Thanks!
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 05:16 AM

Chetchy,
I stayed there this past August, but I live in the Grove and that is the Spa I go to. I wouldn't say there are a lot of children, but it is definitely "kid friendly". I really only noticed a good deal of kids when I was at the pool, but there are two pools. So, if you are looking for a kid-free vacation, I would go to the pool on the left it is more quiet than the pool with the waterfall. Hope this helpls.