Reload this Page >

so tell me a funny story

Search

so tell me a funny story

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2003, 01:54 PM
duh

so tell me a funny story

I'm planning a trip to NO. Not for Mardi Gras. I use to like to party pretty hardy but I have mellowed. I will be staying on Bourbon St,no car ,and staying tues,wed,thurs
I never been to NO so I'm a little apprehensive.Love the Carribean,love to people watch so tell me something to make me laugh!!!!

Old Feb 26th, 2003, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear conflicts, the Montana Department of Fish and Game is advising hikers, hunters and fisherman to take extra precations and stay alert for bears while in the field. We advise outdoorsmen & outdoorwomen to wear noisy little bells on their clothing so as not to startle the bears who aren't expecting them. We also advise them to carry pepper spray with them in case of bear encouter.

Outdoorsmen & women should learn to recognize the difference between black bear stool and grizzly stool. Black bear stool is smaller and contains lots of berries and squirrel fur. Grizzle bear stool has

(bear with me)

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

little bells in it and smells like pepper.

<sorry this was my only funny story>

Utahtea

Old Feb 26th, 2003, 02:38 PM
duh

thank you I needed a laugh

Old Feb 26th, 2003, 03:28 PM
gyppielou

Two cannibals hanging out at the lagoon eating a clown.

One cannibal looks up and says to the other cannibal......

Does this taste funny to you?

Old Feb 26th, 2003, 03:43 PM

Why don't lawyer jokes work? Lawyers don't think the jokes are funny and the rest of us don't think they are jokes.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 03:50 PM

Went to New Orleans for the first time over Labor Day Weekend with my then boyfriend (from Alabama, very straight, good 'ol boy type).
Turned out to be what's called "southern decadence" there, which is like a gay Mardi Gras. At least that's how it was explained to us by the grand master of the festivities, who was wearing black leather chaps and a thong!
My boyfriend got hit on all weekend. That was NOT what he had in mind by taking me to NO.
Not a funny story like utahtea, but relevant to your destination!
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Kal

"I'm addicted to placebos.
I'd quit but it wouldn't matter".

For oft asked travel questions:

Q: You know what time it is?
A: No. I'm not from around here.

Q: You know where the train station is?
A: Right by the tracks.

Q: How you getting to the airport?
A: I know I'm flying to one.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 04:07 PM

This story was actually in the newspaper of my hometown under 'Police Blotter' section. The incident occurred on Valentine's Day...

INJURY TO A CHILD

• 2000 block of Avenue T

A girl was injured outside a school Friday afternoon after she was hit in the head with three cupcakes.

The girl was walking outside Dupree Elementary School near the cafeteria when she chanced upon three people throwing cupcakes at each other.

One of the cupcake flingers pushed her down and hit her on the right side of the head with a purple cupcake.

The others then hit her in the head with a green cupcake and a red cupcake.

The girl said her head hurt from the impact of the pastries.

The girl's brother told police he was working as the safety patrol and observed the assault.

The investigating officer found the remains of cupcake icing on the girl's head and face.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 04:40 PM

UTAHTEA:
From NW Montana---I thought that was a local joke played on tourist!! Didn't know it made it to Utah. Or were you a tourist at one time in our great part of the country???
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 07:25 PM

John,

I don't live in Utah....I just love to vacation there. I live in California and a co-worker of my DH gave the joke to us a few years ago after we came back from the Canadian Rockies and we had purchased bear pepper spray.

I've been a tourist in Montana many times. DH and I have been "tourist" for 30 years and we've traveled almost all over the U.S.

Utahtea
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 07:29 PM

What's your inquiry? What's your point? You're gonna have to go find your own "laughs". Actually, if you "used to like to party pretty hard" but now you're "mellowed", skip Bourbon Street. There's actually nothing all that interesting or "funny" there.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 03:07 AM
duh

I loved the NO story about the good ole boy and gay parade...all the others were good too it's refreshing to know people still have a sense of humor which in my opinion is one of the most important thing to take on a trip!!!!!

Old Feb 27th, 2003, 05:40 AM

Said to a local "You lived here all your life?

Answer: Not Yet