Ritz Carlton -how's the beach?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Staying at the RC in Jamaica in August- have heard the beach is kind of rocky. Has anyone got any first hand reports for me? also- 2 kids ages 12 and 15- are birth certificates enough for travel to Jamaica?
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 05:08 AM

Put Ritz in the text box above and select Jamaica from the drop down 'Country' list and you'll see dozens of posts on the Ritz, with many of them commenting on the beach.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 09:19 AM

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd say the beach is a 5 or so. Having said that, the rest of the property more than makes up for it in other very positive ways. For a real treat however, take the free shuttle over to the "Rose Hall Beach Club". 5 min away and it has a great beach (8) There you can arrange for a some great snorkeling, beach horseback riding and have lunch and drinks!
You'll enjoy RC a lot.

As far as the kids....the birth certificates will work fine.(originals)
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

thanks to golf guy and Michaelpl- great advice! Appreciate the replies. We are looking forward to great trip.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 11:05 AM

My biggest complaint about the Ritz beach has more to do with how small it is relative to the size of the resort, making it quite crowded.
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 07:20 PM

We just returned from five nights at the RC. Contrary to things I have read, this is THE BEST. Hopefully you will be on the all inclusive package as the food is VERY expensive. We loved every minute of our stay. We were on the "Key to Paradise" package, which included all meals (including room service - an addtional $2.50 delivery charge)all drinks, alcoholic and non. All gratuities (we always gave a little extra because the service was so great, but that is totally at your discretion). The beach is rocky, but if you bring water shoes it is not a problem whatsoever. We were there when the resort was filled to max (Reggae festival) and we were ALWAYS able to get a place at both the pool and the ocean. The White Which is spectacular for both lunch and dinner. Jasmine's is also good but is "fusion" cooking. Small portions of several different things. We had room service breakfast and also ate at Horizons where you could either have the buffet or order a cooked breakfast. Drinks all day long - Poolside, beachside, restaurants, Cohoba's lounge. A truly great experience. Also, one person nicer than another as far as staff goes. Anyone else have any questions, I will be glad to answer.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 07:21 AM
JohnHamilton

Can ditto most of the comments by eduser. Ritz is awesome but beach is rocky. Key to Paradise all inclusive package is a MUST. White Witch Club House is magnificent. Jasmines is good for one night but they do not allow children. If you have to miss Jasmines for that reason it is no big loss. Service is friendly and impeccable. You will love it.