Search

Wedding on Cape Cod

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Sperry

Wedding on Cape Cod

Has anyone held or been to a nice wedding on Cape Cod recently?? I am looking for a nice, inexpensive spot, definitely on the cape. Thanks!!

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Gene

You could go to capecodbridemagazine.com website to get an idea of reception sites but these are probably not inexpensive. My advice is to contact Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 05:45 PM
braden

Chatham is pretty nice, the Chatham Bars Inn particlarly. Wellfleet seems nice enough and not as crowded. Bu Sperry please be careful, your destination of choice has probably stirred up more controversy then the Iraq situation!!! I'm not kidding, theres another post about "Worst Vacation Experiences" and my God you woldnt believe how nasty the responses got. Personally, I like the Cape well enough, but I really love Nantucket!
Best of luck!

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 06:18 PM
aaaaaa

Truro has some gorgeous sand dunes & beaches-If you are having the wedding on the beach that is th place.
Eastham, Chatham & Harwich have some nice places.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Ron

Get married on Nantucket. It is nicer. The Cape itself is kind of blah. Chatham Bars Inn is a joke. To rent a room (maintenance fees are $10,000 dollars) and 30 thousand to have the reception in the Biggest room. The smallest room is 2500.00 (maintenance fee) and that is the "beachhouse". What a joke! All it was was a tiny little room with two separate rooms and a volleyball court outside on the sand! It was awful!!!!. All you see is the Bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was UGLY! I wouldn't pay a nickel!!!!!! We had it at Anthony's Cummaquid Inn. Much nicer!!!!view overlooked Cape Cod bay but much nicer!!!! Watch out for these wedding reception/banquet places! What a ripoff!!!!!!!!!! It isn't the Waldorf!!hahha Good luck to you!

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Terry

Have it in Boston! not the Cape!

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Susan

We attended one at a lovely B&B in Brewster. I can't remember the name of it but it was across the street from the Catholic church.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 05:24 PM
The

Ron really is a nut. Chatham Bars Inn is gorgeous, and certainly worth a look. It is NOT the banquet hall Ron makes it out to be, it is a beautiful, elegant inn, and it's pricey, but worth it. Maybe Sperry isn't looking for a wedding at the Knights of Columbus Hall Ron.

No it's not the Waldorf, it's much nicer.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 05:28 PM
uppercaper

Best wedding I ever attended was at Popponesett Inn in New Seabury.(my wedding ofcourse!)Great food, beach site but not very cheap.

A really neat one nearby was at the Onset Point Inn. Not truly the Cape but it was nice and I think fairly cheap. The people who ran it weren't very nice but that was '99 maybe they've changed.

Sandwich has the Daniel Webster which is very traditional, quaint, but not cheap.

Horizon's in Sandwich is on the beach near the canal. It is a nice setting for an informal affordable wedding.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 05:16 AM
To theweddingnut

Chatham bars in again...40,000 for the main room.. The beachhouse as they refer to it..is 10000 alone(2500.00 maintenance fee)...Please! If I wanted it there , I 'd rather go to NYC and have a more lavish wedding...where it's WORTH IT.!! you overlook the swampy looking bay at chatham bars in!! Price it out.. I got the rates just this past yr!!! Wasn;t worth it!!especially Cape cod!!!

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 05:20 AM
justapasserby

To the wedding planner. Why are you so bitter?? Maybe Sperry doesn't want to waste 40k for a wedding! Coonamessett is nice in Falmouth.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Marguerite

Sperry wants inexpensive, not out of his means..DOubt he is interested in a place like Chatham Bars Inn. The Holiday Inn is nice

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Love

Totheweddingnut!!!!!

Now it all makes sense, your hatred of the Cape, your constant knocking of it (we know who you are, with your telltale exclamation points run amok!!!!)

You couldn't afford a wedding at Chathams Bars and it's left a bad taste in your mouth ever since. Too bad!!!

As for the view of the swamp, are you on drugs? The view from Chathams Bars is nothing short of breathtaking. Because of the sandbars in that spot, the water appears a caribbean agua on a clear summer day. It's stunning. Either you've never been there, or you're incredibly bitter.

It may be too pricey for Sperry, but to come here and give that incredibly inaccurate description of the Chathams Bars Inn for someone who truly is interested in staying there is just plain doing a disservice.

Many people who plan on spending 40,000 on a reception would be very pleased with Chatham Bars. Most people who do have a wedding there can have one anywhere, but they obviously don't want one in Manhattan. Why do all the Kennedy's get married on the Cape? You think they can't afford to get married anywhere? Because it's a lot nicer than getting married in a city. Get a clue.

Chathams Bars is an execptional place, as anyone who's stayed there knows.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 09:41 AM
xxx

Wow, now I see why they call these hicks Massholes!! Get a brain, you poster (loves chatham and wedding planner nut!) You are inbred. I wouldn't go to Cape Cod (40k for a wedding??) 40 grand in Chatham Barf Inn? Manhattan and the rest of NYC will always be above a dump like Cape Cod!! Get your head out of the sand, and since when does the cape look like the Caribbean???? wow, YOU are on some heavy drugs!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Priscilla

My son was married this summer in Falmouth and had the reception at The Flying Bridge. It was wonderful. The background of sailboats in the Harbor was perfect.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 08:31 AM
x

The Wequassett Inn, just north of Chatham, probably also does a beautiful wedding. My guess is that it's not cheap, but you may as well try - you never know!

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Jack

Sperry,

I was married this summer at the Chatham Wayside Inn. It is not on the water but along the main street in the village. They were great and would highly recommend them. I also am a DJ and have done quite a few weddings on the cape. The B&B in Brewster a previous poster refers to is the Old Sea Pines Inn. Other places I would check out are the Captain Linnell House, the Lighthouse Inn, the Dennis Inn, and the Orleans Inn.