Reload this Page >

First Time in Cape Cod

Search

First Time in Cape Cod

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Claire

First Time in Cape Cod

My husband (we're in our early 30's) and I are thinking of taking our first trip Cape Cod in mid-August. We prefer to be in a town where there is a little activity. From what I've read, Barnstable/Hyannis seems to fit that preference. Any input on our choice? Also, how is Cape Codder Resort & Spa?

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 10:10 AM
cape

Your info re Barnstable/Hyannis is pretty much on the mark. Provincetown, too, has a lot of activity, but much of it is for gays.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 03:23 PM
Melissa

I think the Cape Codder is overrated.
I like the Tradewinds by Craigville beach. Try to stay near the beaches for your first trip.
Even though Barnstable is the most busiest town on the Cape, it really doesn't have much activity outside of bars.
Go up to Chatham- better beaches- more true to the Cape Cod that most people envision, better hotels, restaurants.
You could visit Hyannis or P-Town at night, both the same driving distance. If you like nightlife, P-Town has it all over Hyannis, gay-oriented or not.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Gene

Barnstable/Hyannis is a good place to choose for Cape Cod first-timers. It is centrally located and has the most accommodations, restaurants and places to visit on the Cape.

The owners of the Cape Codder spent million$ last year renovating their hotel and turninig it into a first class resort. You will however, have to drive to beaches, activity and attractions. If you want to be closer to "activity" try one of the motels on Ocean street such as Hyannis Harborview.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 08:21 AM
rr

we went to hynannis is earlier july, had a wonderful time, some nice places right on main street to enjoy nite life, tradwinds looked nice, we stayed at the hyannis travel inn. well maintained property, clean and close to everything

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:22 AM
Cecilia

Having been a former resident I do think that Yarmouth, in particular So. Yarmouth is a better place to stay. Hyannis is more than a little activity it as a lot of activity and can be daunting to navigate in July. Fun to visit, but not the place to stay for long.I love the area around the Red Jacket hotel...check them out online!

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:28 AM
Louis

We have stayed often at the Trade Winds on Craigville Beach. Nice hotel, but its best feature is that it is located just across the street from the beach. Craigville Beach is surely the nicest warm water beach on the Cape. Don't miss Four Seas Ice Cream in nearby Centerville.