Vegas Golf Course suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for recommendations on golf courses. Going this summer and would like to pay $100 or less per round. Suggestions?
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

No golfers??
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 10:40 PM

I haven't used them myself but here's a website that might help

www.standbygolf.com

You can phone up the night before and get substantially reduced green fees at a number of different courses. The website also gives the websites of courses to view.

Geordie
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 05:14 AM

Vegas golf tends to be very expensive relative to other cities, and quality only so so. If you don't have a car you may be hard pressed to find a round under $100 (and may be disappointed in the quality if you do find one).

The best value I know of is Paiute Resort -- it's 30-40 mins from the strip. They've got 3 courses there, all by Pete Dye. Conditioning is excellent, there is nothing but desert around the property, so it has a great desert, secluded feel. We played the "Sun Mountain" course, which is not the most acclaimed of the three courses, but I found it to be an excellent golf experience, and I will go there again next time in Vegas. When we were there, they had an afternoon rate that was under $100. Keep in mind the wind kicks up in the afternoons there; the desert setting is gorgeous for an afternoon round into sunset.

Closer in to Vegas, I would definitely not recommend the courses at Stallion Mountain if they are still in operation. Royal Links is fun (despite being a very Vegas version of the British Isles), but is very expensive.
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 05:16 AM

Just noticed you are going in summer -- rates may be lower then, but the summer heat is brutal. It may not be a good idea to play in the afternoon as I just advised...