THEhotel Bellagio or Venetian?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't pick! We are a couple in our late 30s looking for a romantic weekend away from kids. Normally I stay at Mandalay, Rio or Luxor (in the spa suite). But I am trying to get something special. Not sure if I care about the various locations on the strip. So I am wondering which has the best rooms, access to dining and decent gambling (dont want to fight for a BJ table).
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 08:49 AM

They are completely opposite, so it depends on what you like. I would chose THEhotel, but I like modern, sophisticate, and sleek. If that's not what you like, then choose the Venetian.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 08:51 AM

Either is a good choice. We have stayed at the Bellagio twice. Next time, I want to try the Venetian. Also, Iwant to try the Wynn.

I thought the Bellagio was nice, a little stuffy and overpriced. Bellagio has more high end, restaurants than Venetian, but Venetian has more mid-priced, hang out and have a glass of wine places.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Well I was kind of wondering about Bellagio. We are definitely leaning towards THEhotel or Venetian. But your right they are very different. We want to be more relaxed then that. I love Mandalay - so I am thinking that THEhotel would be a natural choice. But everyone is always talking about how great Venetian is - so there is my dilemna.

So between THEhotel and Venetion it comes down to Spas, Room Amenties and food. Can anyone comment on Bathhouse and or Canyon Ranch? The prices at Bathhouse are more normal high spa prices. Canyon Ranch is the most expensive I have ever seen.

Any comments on rooms/beds either?

Restaurants/Lounges?
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

OK after much much much debate we have decided to go with THEhotel. The Venetian seemed WAY overpriced regardless ($450 a night!). We also wanted something a little quieter.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 08:28 AM

If you don't want to fight for a BJ table and you want to get away from the crowds, you've made the right choice! THEhotel is definitely a lot less crowded than all the other hotels, especially the Bellagio, where it seems like there's always a gazillion people there!!
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 05:43 PM

We stayed at TheHotel last year, but checked out after one night. Although the rooms are new and nice - there is absolutely no service. Just got back from our second trip to Vegas where we stayed at the new Venezia tower at the Venetian. It was wonderful, and we got a great rate of $149 a night!
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

I wish I could get that rate - then I would stay. But Venetian standard room is the most expensive on the strip the first weekend in March. It was a minimum of $460 a night. $1k for 2 nights in Vegas (unless you are a high roller) seems ridiculous. I dont even spend that when I go to Hawaii and I will not spend that in Vegas and run the risk of looking at a wall or a roof of another building since I have never stayed there before. Venetian is even more expensive than Bellagio! I have stayed at Mandalay - so when I called THEhotel hooked us up with a package which was nice.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 12:59 PM
jd

We have stayed at THEHotel, and didn't find any problem with the service. The suite is spacious, and the bed was really comfortable. Request a high floor with a strip view.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:07 PM

Depending on the date you are going to Las Vegas and how much time you have before you go ... you should sign up for the "Internet Specials" from the webpages of the hotels you would like to stay at (specifically The Venetian).

I signed up for The Bellagio internet specials and received a room rate of $179 for a room in the Spa Tower. The e-mail arrived rather close to the time we were to leave (Oct. 31). We actually had 4 nights already booked at Ballys but I cancelled the first two nights and took The Bellagio up on their internet deal and was VERY glad I did. However, having to change mid-trip to Ballys was quite sad.