Thanskgiving Dinner, Park City, UT

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have suggestions for either ordering or dining out for Thanksgiving dinner in Park City, UT? Thanks!
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 07:33 AM

RMH,

When I get home tonight, I'll look in our local paper and see which restaurants are offering Thanksgiving dinners. I've never eaten out on TG, so can't personnally say.

Some of the best ones (if they are offering) are Glitritend (at Stein Erickson's), Adolph's, Grappa, Chez Betty, but I don't know if they will offer a "traditional" meal.

I'll post back tonight.
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I heard that you can order a dinner from Wild Oats. I was planning on cooking, but we arrive Tuesday night which might not give me enough time to thaw a turkey (if there are no fresh ones available).
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 07:43 AM

RMH,

You could call the Albertson's on Park Avenue, or The Market on Snow Creek and have them reserve a fresh turkey for you. I'm sure they would be happy to do it for a visitor, just like they do for local residents.
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 09:27 AM

RMH08, not in Park City, but we have ordered Thanksgiving dinner from supermarkets before - Safeway, Whole Foods and Ralph's (while in Palm Springs). It's really a fabulous way to go - the food is good (honestly, Safeway is the best of the lot) and we just add "extras" -- our favorite cranberry sauce, an extra vegetable or two, different pies. You get the best of both worlds - eat at home, but hardly any work. I did the Ralph's thing by telephone in advance of our trip (funny thing is, I actually thought I was just ordering the precooked turkey -- when I arrived and they asked me what kind of rolls I wanted, I was surprised, and it turned out I had ordered a whole dinner....it was so inexpensive, I never would have guessed).
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 06:38 PM

RHMH,

Good Thymes (in Kimball Jct.) is having a dine in or take out traditional dinner. ncounty and son really like this place.

The Windy Ridge Cafe is also offering in/out Thanksgiving. It's also very good. Not on Main St. so less $$, but owned by Bill White (Grappa, Wahso, Chimayo).

Mustang (on Main St.) also has TG dinner. There were a couple of hotels with trad dinner, but I wouldn't recommend either.

Maybe this gives you some ideas!

Have fun and do your snow dance.
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much everyone! Now we have lots of options. I'm looking forward to visiting Park City and am doing the snow dance every day until we get there
-RMH