Thanksgiving in Los Angeles?

Old Aug 21st, 2009, 10:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanksgiving in Los Angeles?

We are planning on going to Disneyland the day before Thanksgiving. Any ideas for things to do in LA area on Thanksgiving. We can always do another day at the park but was curious if there were any other options for a holiday in the city. Open minded family of four 14, 17 and 40 love all things traditional and non-traditional
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 04:35 PM

How about going to the beach or a boat ride to Catalina Island?
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 05:39 PM

It's hard to recommend something now, since the weather is completely unpredictable. I love bob's ideas (or Newport/Balboa Island) if the weather is good. I have been in LA for Thanksgiving weekend when it has been 100 ° and I've been there when it has been so cold we didn't want to be outside (50s, for those of you who don't live in California LOL!)
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 05:10 PM

Hey,
If you are going to be in Santa Monica for Thanksgiving stop by La Cachette Bistro for dinner. They’re serving a 4 course menu with kids and vegetarian options available. One of main dish options is roasted turkey with mushroom and sausage stuffing. Full menu is up at http://www.lacachettebistro.com.
Jackie with LCB
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 06:01 PM

Jackie, your straightforwardness about being connected w/the rstrnt, (as opposed to those who try to pretend that they are just regular Fodor posters recommending a place where they have allegedly gone) makes me think that you are unaware of the fact that you are not allowed to advertise here.
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 07:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
While places like The Observatory, The Getty and The Zoo will all be closed, it would be a great day to do any driving tours that you might want to do...along the beaches, up around Mulholland Drive, or out to Big Bear Lake or Ojai for the afternoon. Traffic will be about 1/3 of what it is on the surrounding days and you'll be able to see a lot. Not sure what your starting point would be, but a drive up through downtown LA, then Hollywood, Sunset Blvd out through Bel Air and Beverly Hills...Malibu, and drive down the coast....just wing it....maybe end up having a sunset dinner near Newport Beach or Laguna on the ocean?
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 08:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I think something near the ocean would be fun -- if the weather is decent.

Regarding Jackie's post, while I concur with socialworker's comment, I'm kind of glad Jackie posted, since I was unaware that La Cachette had moved from Little Santa Monica by Century City to Ocean Ave. in Santa Monica.

We didn't go there often, primarily because there wasn't a lot on the menu I could eat, not being a fan of game or mushrooms, but what I could find on the menu for my extremely picky tastes were good.
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 08:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
One more thing for the OP -- I don't know if the Magic Castle in Hollywood will be open that evening, or if it is, if you could find someone who could get you in, but I think it would be an outstanding place to celebrate thanksgiving and the "magic" of the season.