booking a Buffalo airport hotel in december

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings! My husband and I will be travelling from Germany in december. Our first flight will land in Atlanta, where we should connect to our second flight to Buffalo. We will arrive late in Buffalo, after 10pm. What would you do? Book a hotel now - all seem to be non-refundable. Book a hotel when we are in Atlanta waiting for the flight to Buffalo - we have 4 hours in between, and should know then if the flight will happen. Or, wait until we arrive in Buffalo and find a hotel ( we would have a list of preferences with us). It will be late, we will be exhausted, but well.... just wondering what other travellers would do. I am also assuming there is a way to make a hotel reservation from Atlanta.... is this even possible? We only need the hotel for one evening. Thoughts?
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 10:48 AM

If you are arriving on a Fri or Sat, i would book ahead of time. Buffalo is a favorite shopping destination for our Canadian neighbors due to our lower sales taxes. Our malls and hotels get very crowded, especially on weekends, December is close to the holidays, so many hotels may be booked with holiday shoppers.
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 10:56 AM

Hi-

I travel to Buffalo every 2 months and December is very busy with cross border shoppers. Book ahead try the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buffalo Airport.

For a overnight stay its perfect.
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 11:15 AM

There are several new hotels at the Buffalo Airport... many allow you to reserve a room and cancel before 6 pm on your day of arrival... since you arrive late...reserve the room and cancel it if you know you can't get there... we like Sleep Inn... good rate and shuttle to terminal... have fun!
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your help. We decided to book the sleep inn, you only have a small reservation fee (25 dollars or so), that is not refundable if you cancel, but they hold the room until 7 am for you. I am hoping we are there long before that! I didn't know about the shoppers, or the weekend issues, so, again, thank you for your fast responses!