COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Buffalo Airport Hotel

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Dave

Buffalo Airport Hotel

What is best Buffalo Airport hotel closest to airport? Any within the terminal?

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 04:53 AM
krispykreme

Not many good hotels in Buffalo, especially neat the airport. It kind of like the land of hotels that time forgot. There is a Four Points by Sheraton (called the Four Points Airport) that offers shuttle service to and from the airport. Its about 3 miles away. Its okay, kinda old. there is also a small Radisson across the street from the airport, though I'v never stayed there. Good luck.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 05:16 AM
SAM

Plenty of hotels with Shuttle service. Holiday Inn, Radisson, Homewood Suites, Conmfort Suites, Wellesley Inn, Days Inn, Sleep Inn. These are all within a couple of miles. I have stayed at the Homewood often.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 05:52 AM
abst

I didn't want to go to Buffalo last summer but after 4 days I really enjoyed it. It was relaxing to be in a town where everyone wasn't leasing the latest and biggest SUV, people weren't wearing skimpy Victoria Secret outfits, lawns weren't perfectly manicured, restaurants didn't require an hour wait, folks were friendly, driving directions given were accurate and easy to follow. Not sure I could live there in the winter but it was nice to visit....guess what my neighborhood is like? We stayed at a new Hampton Inn further away from the airport but in the worst traffic it was only 20 minutes to the airport. It would take over an hour to travel that distance in my home town. Enjoy what little time you have there...

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Kathy

A new hotel just opened in the Village of Williamsville, about a 5 minute ride from the airport. It's called The Inn at Williamsville and looks nice. E-mail me if you're interested and I'll get the phone number for you. It's in a nice area with shops and restaurants, but if you're just flying in and out maybe you'd want to stay closer to the airport.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Dave

Thanks to everyone for your replies! Of the ones mentioned by Sam which is closest to the airport? Radisson? ( We have to get up really, really early to catch our flight & want closest)

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 05:42 PM
SAM

Dave, it can't make more than five minutes difference from any of the hotels. If you are just crashing for the nite before your flight, go for the cheapest one by either checking their rates or try priceline. I have had 6:30 flights out of Buf and the terminal is very quick to get through.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 05:58 PM
kmarie

Kathy--
Is The Inn at Williamsville right in the village? On Main Street? [I didn't notice any construction when we drove through on Labor Day weekend and lunched at the Creekside...and stopped at Montana Mills. ;o) ] Do you know if it's an independent property or one affiliated with a group? I'm not sure when we'll be visiting next, but it's always helpful to know about good new places.
Thanks!

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 03:53 AM
Kathy

To kmarie, I believe that it's an independent property. It is right in the Village, within walking distance of the Creekview Restaurant. It's set kinda of far off the road so maybe that's why you didn't notice it.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 07:27 PM
jj

Some airport area hotels offer a parking package - you can leave your car in their lot for free or a few bucks more on your room charge. We like the Hampton on Walden, across from the galleria. Shuttle to the airport provided.